Here is what you need to make your own Merry Little Trees:
- pipe cleaners / chenille sticks (lots of them)
- chopsticks (one per tree)
- a pair of scissors
1. Wrap a pipe cleaner all around the chopstick. Use enough of them to completely cover the stick.
2. Begin to make the 'leaves' by taking one pipe cleaner and folding it in half.
4. Take one end and fold it over half way and then wrap it around the 'stem.'
5. Do the same with the other end and wrap it around the 'stem' as well. If there is excess, you can either cut it off or keep wrapping it around your 'branch.'
6. Add on a second pipe cleaner to your 'branch' only make it's 'leaves' a little longer. The closer you go in on the branch, the wider it's leaves span out.
7. Add on a third pipe cleaner, making it's 'leaves' a little longer than the previous one.
8. Twist the end of the branch around the 'tree trunk.'
9. Make many more of these 'branches' and add them to the 'tree trunk' as well.
10. To finish the top, make a small 3 pronged 'leaf' and wrap it around the top of the chop stick.
You are done!
Let me know if you make these. I'd love to see pics of yours!